Here's a view after we marked off the area for the path. We had some mulch area that was going to go away, and we also had to rip up some sod. It was 95 degrees out that day.... what were we thinking???
It actually went pretty well, thanks to our talkative neighbor who came over and helped the time pass. It still seemed to take a lot longer than it actually did, probably because of the heat. I think we each drank 3 Gatorades and several bottles of water by the time we were done. Here's Phil, leveling out the ground once we got the sod and mulch up. And then me, tamping down the layer of sand we put down.
Next came the easier part- well, sort of. Probably for anyone but me, laying the stone woud be easier. But I'm extremely anal (some say OCD), and wanted to make sure I wasn't making a pattern, but at the same time, I wanted to make sure it was balanced between small stones and large stones. I think Phil should get a medal for not yelling at me while I was trying to figure it out ;)
And here's the almost-finished product! We actually poured sand on top of it after this, to fill in the cracks, but it needs to rain a time or two before it's all settled and pretty enough for a final picture! We were worn out and could barely move the next day, but I think we did a pretty good job! Maybe we should search for jobs on the DIY network or something!! :) Now we just need to paint the steps to match the house, and then it's on to our next project- the toolshed!!
3 comments:
Silly girl, this is the kind of job you leave to your guests who come from out of town to see you. We could have helped!
Aunt Penny You did a great job looks good.
Wow, can't wait to see it in person. You did a great job!
Post a Comment