Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weddings galore!!

This summer has been filled with weddings and showers for some of our closest friends. We've had a blast at each one we've gone to, and want to share some of the fun.

Hollie Griffith and David Bowling were married on May 31st. It was a gorgeous ceremony, and the reception was great! Unfortunately, we were having so much fun that we didn't even remember to pull out our camera until the end of the evening! Below is a picture from the balcony, of David and Hollie cutting their cake. It's sort of dark, but I hope you can tell how cool the cake was! Hollie is in my LifeGroup, so I also included a picture of the "Soul Sisters" in attendance, hanging out with the beautiful bride :)

Annye Scrogham was just a couple weeks away from her wedding to Clint Propst, when a small group of us treated her to dinner and a lingerie shower at Macaroni Grill. We had a blast, and I think we probably entertained anyone near us in the restaurant!! As for the Altoids, it's an inside joke, and you'll have to ask Annye ;)

Clint and Annye were married on June 28th, and it was another amazing day! Their ceremony was held at Annye's mom's church, which was beautiful. The reception was at Raintree Country Club, and was one of the first sit-down dinner receptions I've been to. I wish I'd taken a picture of my filet mignon- it was one of the best things I've ever eaten!! :) But I figured y'all would rather see pictures of people, so here are some from their reception. Isn't my hubby handsome?? Oh, and that face Annye is making... it was her roll-my-eyes-because-this-cake-is-SO-good face :) I thought it was classic Annye!

CEP reunited, and all happily married! (That house turned out some amazing husbands!)

The last wedding of the summer for me was for Heidi, who was in my LifeGroup, before moving to Georgia several weeks ago. Jenny and Julia, also in my group, threw her a luau-themed bachelorette party in June. They did an awesome job- check out the spread they put together- and that picture is only part of it! I was getting over being sick that week (which is why I am purposefully not in any pics!), so I just went for the first half, though I think the last half may have been too wild to get posted on the blog, from what I hear!! ;) Heidi and Tim were married on July 1st, though I don't have any pics from the wedding. It was truly one of the sweetest weddings I've seen, though- they were radiant!

We also want to congratulate Jeff and Mauree Harrell (married June 7th in Amelia Island, FL) and Matt and Joy Hopkins (married June 8th in Pittsburgh, PA). Coming up, we also send prayers and congrats to Lara Keith and David Kay, getting married this month in Virginia!

Welcome to the club everyone!! Marriage is definitely a gift from God, and a relationship in which we can truly experience God's love for us!!

No comments: