A few weekends ago, Phil and I went up to West Jefferson, NC, the tiny town in the mountains, where my dad grew up. This is, without a doubt, my favorite place EVER! Lots of happy memories, a slower pace, ridiculous amounts of food, cooler weather, beautiful land, quiet... if Phil and I could transplant our jobs and our church and friends, we'd move there in a heartbeat!
Unfortunately, my grandparents are no longer with us (though I'm sure they were watching this project and laughing!), but we still have their home as a landing place any time anyone in our family needs to get away for some peace and quiet. We actually didn't get a lot of rest this particular weekend, as we had taken on the project of repainting Papa and Granny's storage shed behind the house. As if we don't get enough home improvement projects at our own house!! ;) Below are some pictures of the project from start to finish. Dad, Brenda, Uncle David, Phil and I painted our heads off, racing to beat the rain that threatened all weekend. God watched out for us, and we have a freshly painted shed to show for it! Even Dad and Brenda's dog, Charlie, hung out with us and supervised the painting ;)
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment