Our friends, David and Mike Beranek, have a family condo at North Myrtle Beach, and were nice enough to invite us to join them there for the July 4th weekend. Phil and I are not big beach people, but we figured we should go at least once this summer, especially when it's a free place, with 9 great friends!! The camera actually didn't make it to the beach with us at any point, but we did get some pics from mini-golf, which is just as much the beach as sand and the ocean, as far as I'm concerned ;)
After a long day languishing on the beach, we grilled out for dinner the first night, and then celebrated Mallory's upcoming birthday. Jen made super-yummy banana pudding, which functioned as Mal's cake :)
After another lovely day of languishing (isn't that what vacation is for?!), we went to Duffy Street Seafood for their "Happy Hour" special on shrimp and crablegs. It was SO good, and such a great price- I think we all could have kept going, really! Here's a pic of me and Phil at dinner, David trying to act like he had nothing to do with the peanut on Hollie's head, and the carnage after we were done with our meal ;)
After dinner, we headed to Molten Mountain mini golf :) It looked like rain, so we chose a place that was inside... inside a "volcano" to be exact! I don't think any of us ended up being terribly impressed with the place, but we had fun anyways!
This is probably the size of vacation home Phil and I could afford in Myrtle Beach...
Look at these "hot" girls!! :)
Hopefully I can add a few more pics from the trip, once everyone shares what they took. Maybe there'll even be an ocean picture, to prove we were where we say we were ;) It really was a wonderful holiday- the fireworks on the beach were one of the best shows I've seen on the Fourth! And I'm actually tan, which hasn't happened in a few years ;) Thanks so much to David and Mike for inviting us!
No comments:
Post a Comment