Friday, January 1, 2010

White Christmas!!

I know this post is REALLY late, but Phil and I have both been slammed at work since the new year started. So I apologize for just now getting around to Christmas!

We spent a week in NY with Phil's family for Christmas, and made a quick stop in the NC mountians on our way home to do a Christmas meal with Erin's family. To our excitement, there was snow in both locations! Below is a picture from West Jefferson, NC, and a picture of the sunset as we were getting there after our drive down from NY.


One of the most entertaining parts of the trip was watching Nash play with Lucy, Phil's parents' boxer. Lucy is a complete spaz, and unbelievably, I think she had more energy than Nash!! They wrestled and chased each other every single second they were together, so we had to seperate them quite often, just to let them rest. The only other time they would stop was if you offered food:

Can you tell how wet Nash's whole head is, from Lucy slobber:

We had a wonderful Christmas with Phil's parents, and are so glad we got to spend the holiday with them. We got to visit with lots of his extended family, too, which was really nice. It's hard living so far away!

Phil and I tried to spend as much time as we could outside in the snow. We went to the nearby park, and I laughed at the sign near the front entrance. You don't see this at NC parks:
We went to the sledding hill (yes a designated sledding hill... again, not in NC) and had a blast. The picture below doesn't do it justice- it was SO steep!! I got to the top and wondered what I had gotten myself into! Once I got up my nerve, it was fun going down :) Phil, of course, is a pro. But a bit crazy... I can see how he broke his back sledding in college!


Nash seemed to enjoy the snow, once he got used to it. It was pretty funny watching him try to figure out that he could pee on it... the first few times we took him out, he just wouldn't go because there wasn't any grass! But he eventually understood :) We tried to take him sledding on a small hill at the house, but he wanted none of that. He seemed to love playing and running in the snow, and sticking his nose way down into it and tossing it up in the air. See pics below, of all the white on his face :)

Cute little pupper, jumping at the camera (we're working on better manners...)

It was a great trip, and we were so excited to see Phil's family and see some snow at the same time :) And of course, we are continuously thankful for the real reason we celebrate Christmas- the birth of Jesus, our Savior! We hope that you all had a wonderful, blessed Christmas, too. And hopefully 2010 is going well :)

No comments: