Thursday, July 9, 2009

Saranac Lake- 1st half

PREPARE FOR LOTS OF PICTURES :)

I had to break our trip into several posts, because I have so many pics. And believe me, this is still a small selection of what we actually took!

After Hershey, we drove the rest of the way to upstate NY, to visit Phil's brother Nathan in Saranac Lake. We hadn't seen Nathan, Kim and their family in about a year and half, so it was WONDERFUL to finally see them! We even had a new nephew, Caleb, to meet :)

Our first afternoon, we took the kids to a horse show in Lake Placid. Obviously Aunt Erin was pleased with this activity ;) Here are just a couple of horse pictures, because I can't NOT take pictures of horses!


I wanted this guy to be my trip souvenier, but he wouldn't fit in the car. He was quite gorgeous, though- and huge, just like I like my horses :) He was a nuzzler, too- very cute :)

Caleb, chilling in the backpack at the horse show:

We went to get ice cream afterwards- here's Madison:

Aunt Erin and Caleb (such a happy baby!):

The show tired out Miss Noelle:

When we got back from the dinner that night, Phil and I gave the kids some long overdue presents, to cover missed birthdays. The girls got dress-up princess shoes and dress-up hair (Phil and I joined in the play with the hair, as you'll notice below). Caleb got a truck to help him learn how to walk (the girls liked riding on it, too). Lots of fun play time ensued:





The next day, we drove to the top of Whiteface Mountain, one of the tallest in the area. We had a beautiful view going up, and stopped at an overlook of Saranac Lake. Unfortunately, the summit was in a cloud, so we didn't see anything from there!



This is a tad out of order, but after dinner that night, we took the girls to a playground for a quick release of energy :)


Here's super-happy-baby Caleb, hanging out with Uncle Phil:

The morning we left, Phil and I stayed with the kids for a few minutes while Nathan and Kim ran an errand. It took no time flat for the house to be turned into a tent-fort. It was pretty impressive (even more impressive was Aunt Erin crawling into one of the tents with both Madison and Noelle- talk about tight quarters!!) :)



I must have been upstairs packing when this picture was taken, because I have no idea what Noelle was doing, but I certainly think it's pretty funny :) Sure to embarass her when she's older :)

No comments: