Friday, July 10, 2009

Camping, July 4th, Aussie pics :)

The last couple of days of our trip were spent camping with some of Phil's family down near the farm. We had a really good time, and the weather was perfect (the rain stopped right before we got there)! Phil's cousin Catrina organized the outting... I have a picture below of her little boy, Aidan, with his tent (which was inside his parents' tent!). He's got the bluest eyes I think I've ever seen :) We played with him while we were there, and then went to a concert and fireworks show on the Fourth. The fireworks were great- they lasted forever, and the grand finale practically caused me a siezure ;)



Windmills on the way to the concert:
Boxes of fireworks... TONS of them:
They did a whole 4-minute song with only the sparkly gold fireworks, which are my FAVORITE:
Fireworks over the Statue of Liberty display:
Here's the video of the fireworks grand finale... at one point at the end, there are so many fireworks the screen goes completely white :) It was awesome :)
We broke up our drive on the way home by stopping in Maryland to spend the night with Phil's college friend Andrew. He and his family are probably the most hospitable people I have ever met- they always make us feel SO welcome, and we have such a good time visiting them. I truly think they wouldn't care if dropped in unannounced and stayed for a week- they'd accomodate us and be thrilled about it :) The sunset over their farm was gorgeous the night we were there:


As far as I'm concerned, one of our best souveniers from the trip was some updated pictures of Laura and Michael, our niece and nephew in Australia. Phil's mom had gotten some pictures of them, which we took to WalMart and copied. I tried to scan them at work, so I could put them on here... y'all may not know, but I'm HORRIBLE with anything technical or computer-related. Surprisingly, they turned out alright... not great, but alright at a least :) There were individual shots of each of them, too, but those were too complicated for me to handle ;) Anyways, the kids are getting SO big!! Aren't they adorable?!?!



So that was our trip... shew! Phil had to get right back in the car the next day and drive to Nashville for work. His truck broke down on the way. And our dryer broke at home while he was gone. And we overdrew our bank account b/c of Wachovia's screwy accounting. So it's been quite a welcome home ;) I think we'd both like to be back in the cool weather, camping and playing with the family! Oh, well. At least we got puppy kisses when we got home :)

No comments: