Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Orleans- Touristy Stuff!

We didn't have a lot of time to spend in the tourist areas of the city, but our group did happen to be in New Orleans for Halloween on Friday night- we certainly got quite an experience hanging out on Bourbon Street that night!! It was incredibly crowded, and I think we left before it got too wild, but I think we are all glad we got to spend one Halloween in a town that really celebrates that holiday!

The Saturday we left, Phil and I arranged our flight out for later in the day, so we could see the French Quarter in the daylight. Thankfully that part of the city was barely hit by the flooding from the hurricane, and the old buildings were not damaged. It's a beautiful area, rich in history, and we enjoyed taking in the sights.

No comments: