Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Sad Weekend

Well, exactly a month after my Grandmother passed away, Phil and I had to say good-bye to our sweet, sweet Tucker. It was quite possibly the hardest decision either of us has ever had make. He'd been sick almost the whole time we had him, but no one could figure out why. The last month got really bad, and he quit eating completely. The vet was pretty convinced he had a tumor that was keeping him from eating, but we couldn't afford the tests to tell for sure. We wouldn't have done chemo if we'd known, though, so we just did our best to keep him happy and comfortable.

We knew what was coming, so we took a few family pictures a couple weeks beforehand:


The Saturday morning that we took him in, we spent the morning loving on him and letting him sleep with us. Even though he'd lost a ton of weight and had no energy left, he could still get excited about a car ride. Here's the last pic of our pup, ears flapping :)

We miss him terribly, and writing this blog made me cry all over again. It feel like I've been crying for weeks. I know he was a handful, and many people said they would have taken him back to the Humane Society, but I'm SO glad we decided to stick by him. We have no doubt he loved us, and we're thankful for the year we had with him, and the ability to provide him a good, loving home for his last year. I'm so glad he wasn't at the shelter. Whenever we're ready for the next one, I'm certain we'll adopt/rescue again, and I encourage everyone to do that when they're looking for a pet!

No comments: