Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Long Weekend in VA

This past weekend, we headed up to Dublin, VA, for the wedding of our friends Holly and Drew. We were blessed with gorgeous weather, and it made their outdoor ceremony and reception perfect! Everything was held at Rockwood Manor, which was awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures from the professional photographer (our friend, Cheyenne Schultz)!

Below is a picture of the tree near the entrance to Rockwood (I thought it was a cool tree and took about ten pictures of it!), as well as a picture of the house itself. Holly and Drew were married on the front steps, and the reception was in the side yard. It was truly beautiful, and we are SO happy for them!!

Phil, David and Erick decided it would fit the farm setting, if they had some hay to munch on. Silly boys. It ended up in their lapels, instead ;)

The beautiful happy couple :) Mr. & Mrs. Crawford:

Of course, since it was a farm, Phil and I took lots of pictures of the surrounding buildings and scenery:

Phil and I decided we would take Monday off of work, and turn our trip into a long weekend. We drove around the area, visited a winery, checked out the New River Trail, and enjoyed the mountain views. I'm not sure if either of us will ever get tired of spending time in the mountains, but I don't think so :) It was a much needed mini-vacation, and I can't wait for our longer trip to visit family in NY at the end of the month!! (In other words, prepare for some cute pics of nieces and our new nephew!)



No comments: