We actually spent most of the day on Sunday riding the Virginia Creeper bike trail. It is an old railway bed that's been turned into a hiking/biking/horse trail, close to the NC/Virginia border. You can get a shuttle service to drop you off at the head of the trail and then ride down to their shop at the end. The leg we chose is the 17-mile portion from Whitetop, Va to Damascus, Va. And don't be too impressed with us for biking 17 miles... it's almost completely downhill :)
Here are some shots of our group on the trail, as well as some of the scenery. It's a beautiful trail, mostly shaded (nice when it's 90 degrees), and you pass over lots of old railroad trellises and pretty creeks. There are stops along the way, and a cafe at the halfway point. It was a great day, but I think we all questioned our choice as we sat down for dinner that evening- ouch!!! ;)


Bike dorks :) I mean, really- who looks good in those helmets??
Here's what I wish I'd been riding: 



No comments:
Post a Comment