We celebrated Phil's birthday by attending the NASCAR Nationwide Series race in Darlington. We had a good time, and I think Phil is happy any time he's near a race track! Not long after that, our good friend, Will, ended up with some comp tickets to the All-Star race here in Charlotte. That's what these pictures are from. This is actually one of the races I like attending- it's shorter, so it's easier to sit through ;) We ended up with some GREAT seats in between turns 1 and 2, and had another fun night at the track! (Don't tell too many people I actually enjoyed the Nascar race, please...) It's hard not to get a little excited at how loud and fast the cars are! (FYI: The UPS truck is Dale Jarrett- it was his last race, and UPS is his sponser, so during driver introductions, he rode around the track in a UPS truck w/a racing engine in it!)
A couple weeks later, Phil surprised me with dinner at Outback for my 30th birthday- with 16 of our closest friends! :) I was so touched that everyone came out just for me, and it was a wonderful evening. I have such a good husband!! I'm not as averse to 30 as most of my friends seem to be, so I was proud to wear my sparkly "30" hat all night!!

We've been doing a lot of yard work around the house (well, Phil has, at least), and hope to get some shots of the house posted soon. We also went to a wedding this past weekend for our friends David and Hollie, which was a ton of fun, and absolutely beautiful! This weekend we are heading to Raleigh to visit our friend Erin, and see the townhome she recently bought. The weekend after that is a long weekend trip to NY for Phil's 10-year high school reunion. Should be a thrilling night at the Springville fire hall!! ;) And at the end of June we'll celebrate the wedding of some other friends, Clint and Annye!! It's going to be another crazy, busy, fun month!
Thanks for checking in on us, and we'll work on some more pictures, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment